EU Directive for Identification
Management System for Food Safety
ISO 22000 is a globally harmonized and process-oriented standard for food safety that may be applied by any organization in the food supply chain, to include the provision of raw materials and transportation.
The standard specifies minimum requirements for corporate risk management; in addition to HACCP according to the Codex Alimentarius, it is also necessary to demonstrate fulfillment of the requirements of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), and the implementation of preventive programs.
ISO 22000 – for whom?
The internationally recognized standard ISO 22000 is applicable to all organizations, regardless of their size and complexity, who are directly or indirectly involved in the production of foodstuffs and who want to demonstrate their conformity to HACCP according to the Codex Alimentarius by way of an objective and competent assessment. The standard in particular addresses organizations that aim for a goal-oriented, coherent, and more integrated management system for food safety, above and beyond the usual legal requirements.
Benefits for your organization:
- Integration of state-of-the-art risk analysis procedures and preventive programs in reference to food safety
- Increased product safety and reduced risk of product liability
- Improved confidence among customers, suppliers, and official control authorities at an international level
- Holistic consideration of the entire organization, as well as safe and efficient process flows in respect of hygiene and health protection
- Compliance with a variety of requirements from different food standards
- Easy integration into existing management systems, such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001